A Metathinking Manifesto
The significant problems we face today cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them. – Einstein
This starts out looking like another search for a theory of everything. Well, almost. It starts here:
* Social media is fundamentally changing the human experience.
* The world is increasing in complexity.
* We are experiencing accelerating change.
and ends up here:
I’m proposing that this may require a new approach to thinking in general, a new “thought architecture”; to expand thinking to a systems level in order to develop a big-picture understanding of how information is related. I haven’t found a term that accurately describes this concept, so I’ve been referring to it as “metathinking.” My theory is that by implementing this approach, it will cause a reorientation in the relationship we have to information, and cause a paradigm shift that would:
* enable us to develop better strategies for critical thinking
* facilitate creativity and innovation
* equip us to anticipate and rapidly adapt to change
I put this blog on my RSS to see where this goes.